Barcelona is 1 hour away, directly connected by highway. It is a city which (needless to say) is worth visiting.
If you have concerns about the cultural monuments are essential (among many others):
- The Sagrada Familia
- La Pedrera, Casa Batllo and Parc Guell
- Cathedral and Gothic Quarter
- Palau de la Música (perhaps the most beautiful concert hall in the world).
For those who like museums:
- MNAC: Awesome collection of Romanesque art, among many other exhibits.
- Picasso Museum.
- MACBA Museum of Contemporary Art.
Not to mention neither of its nightlife and its fashionable, in the Olympic Zone, Maremagnum, Tibidabo, etc.